Robert CliffordRobert Clifford
I have been in the commercial real estate business for over 38 years. My career started at the Charles Dunn Company specializing in office and industrial sales and leasing in the Los Angeles Airport area. This led to an interest in corporate real estate work. My first major client was National Medical Enterprises (now Tenet Healthcare) whom I represented in all types of real estate transactions nationally for over 12 years. I then started Western Holdings and became the main site acquisition broker for Sunrise Senior Housing in Southern California. I completed over 38 transactions during a 13+ year relationship that also included working with Oakmont Senior Living, Fountain Square, and Kensington Senior Living.
Partnering with the Chairman of American Golf, I founded American Airports Corporation which became one of the largest general aviation airport management and development companies in the country. This business included managing airports, building hangars, operating FBO’s, and developing aviation administration and support buildings. At our height, we operated 21 airports with over 2,200 tenants, multiple fueling facilities, and was responsible for the planning and development of over 15,000 acres of land. During this time I also assisted American Golf and National Golf Properties (an NYSE REIT) in the organization and sale of over 20 golf courses all across the country.
I then became a partner in the Santa Monica office of Lee & Associates in 2013. While still doing some land and aviation-related deals, I now focus on value-add opportunities in the Mid – City area of Los Angeles. This includes the acquisition, redevelopment, and re-leasing of industrial, office, and retail properties.
- Focused acquisition strategies for companies looking to roll out multiple purchases
- Re-development and re-positioning execution for value-added opportunities
- Owner representation on the leasing and sale of redeveloped real estate
- Sales of valued add and redevelopment properties in the Mid City area.
Career History / Professional Recognition
- 2013 - Present Principal Lee & Associates Los Angeles West, Inc.
- 2009 - 2013 Partner Capital Real Estate Advisors
- 2007 - 2009 Founder and Partner Airport Property Ventures, LLC
- 1997 - 2003 Founder and Partner American Airports Corporation
- 1988 - 2009 President Western Holdings
- 1982 - 1988 Agent Charles Dunn Company
- Pepperdine University, Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Communications
- University of Southern California, Undergraduate Studies